Saturday, September 30, 2006

My Spiritual Family here in Germany

Dear all, here are some pictures of the baptism service conducted here in the Rhine River, it is really a nice place and it was a time where I can sense god unifying our hearts as we worship and celebrate his presence and rejoice for the baptism of our fellow brothers and sisters into the body of christ.

Just a passage from the daily bread to bless those who feels tired and stressed from the work and tiring life they are experiencing through :)

Peaceful Anxiety

I was scheduled to teach at a Bible conference outside the US and was waiting for my visa to be approved. It had been rejected once, and time was slipping away. Without the visa, I would lose an opportunity for ministry, and my colleagues in that country would have to find another speaker at the last minute.

During those stressful days, a co-worker asked how I felt about it all. I told him I was experiencing “peaceful anxiety.” When he looked at me rather quizzically, I explained: “I have had anxiety because I need the visa and there is nothing I can do about it. But I have great peace because I know that, after all, there is nothing I can do about it!”

It’s comforting to know that such things are in our Father’s hands. My inability to do anything about the problem was more than matched by my confidence in God, for whom all things are possible. As I prayed about the situation, my anxiety was replaced by His peace (Phil. 4:6-7).

The problems of life can be taxing on us—physically, emotionally, and spiritually. Yet, as we learn to trust in the Father’s care, we can have the peace that not only surpasses all understanding but also overcomes our anxiety. We can be at rest, for we are in God’s hands.

When we keep our minds on God, God will keep our minds at peace.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home